TORPEDO - TAKA 7KM & DISTANCES
SUN 1st NOV
Please note the Time Change to 10.30 Start
A fast 7km & 4km swims with the outgoing king-tide. These distances are point-to-point. The shorter distances start at Takapuna Beach.
November Rush with the outgoing King tide Torpedo Bay to Takapuna Beach
7km - Start Torpedo Bay to Takapuna Beach
4km - Start at Narrow Neck to Takapuna
2.5km - Start / Finish at Takapuna
1.2km - Start / Finish at Takapuna
Fees (any distance)
7km - $60
4km - $45
2.5 & 1.2km - $20
Student discount - $10
Fees Assist is available where required in these tough times, please don't hesitate to enquire.
9.30 - Registration at Torpedo Bay for 7km & 4km distances
10.15 - Briefing for 7km & 4km distances
10.30 - 7km start & 4km relocate to Narrow Neck
11.00 - 4 km start at Narrow Neck
11.15 - 2.5km & 1.2km briefing at Takapuna Beach
11.30 - 2.5km & 1.2km start
7km & 4km -
There are no markers in the first two-thirds of the race (7km) and first half of the race for the 4km distance.
- 7km, hug the shoreline as your round North Head.
- Keep all ocean markers - buoys and reef markers (tall sticks) well to your right.
- Stay parallel to shore, no more than 200m out.
- The first marker you will come to is the orange marker off St Leonards Bay keep this to your left.
- At the orange marker, you know you have 2km to go to the finish at Takapuna Beach.
- There are two yellow markers (1.5m buoys), keep them on the left shoulder.
- After the two yellows, the next buoy you will see is orange, this is the turning marker into the beach, keep it on the left shoulder.
1.2km & 2.5km
- Start and finish at Takapuna Beach
- Out and back, 2.5km turn around at the second yellow (right shoulder)on the return, keep the returning markers on your left shoulder.
- 1.2km - turn around at the first yellow (right shoulder)on the return, keep the returning markers on your left shoulder.
Swim Tow floats - 7km & 4km - if you don't have a dedicated kayaker (i.e. arranged by yourself) then you must have a tow float for safety & visibility. No Tow-float, no swim and No refund.
King High Tide at 9am.
Swim Caps - Yellow
This event will be cancelled in adverse weather conditions, and / or COVID19 escalated Level restrictions. Entries will be transferred to the next opportunity to run this event. Reserve day - Sunday 8 November.
Pre Season sea water is cooler and swimmers are advised to wear a wetsuit for personal protection and safety.
Having a towfloat is advised for swimmer safety and visibility.
The Series is limited to Alert Levels 2 and 1
All Swimmers & Spectators will register for COVID tracing
Maintain 2m distance at all times
Spectators - wearing a mask is advised
Stay within your bubble group at the swim site