HIBISCUS COAST 5KM & DISTANCES
SUN 29 NOVEMBER 2020
RED BEACH TO HATFIELDS BEACH
5km - Start at Red Beach
Fees (any distance)
5km - $50
Student discount - $10
Fees Assist is available where required in these tough times, please don't hesitate to enquire.
7am - Registration at Red Beach carpark.
7.40 - Event briefing.
8am - 5km start
- From Red Beach to the first yellow 750m out from the beach, have this on your right shoulder.
- Head north, aim to the right of the cliffs at the north end of Orewa Beach.
- Swim parallel to Orewa beach appearing on your left. Stay in a straight line and keep buoys on your left shoulder.
- There are 7 buoys at 500m apart. There are 4 yellow buoys and 3 orange markers.
- At the third orange marker turn left and head toward the finish at Hatfields Beach.
- There is one yellow between the last orange marker and the beach.
High Tide at 7.43am (Auckland).
Swim Caps - Yellow
This event will be cancelled in adverse weather conditions, and / or COVID19 escalated Level restrictions. Entries will be transferred to the next opportunity to run this event. Reserve day - Sunday 20 November.
Pre Season sea water is cooler and swimmers are advised to wear a wetsuit for personal protection and safety.
Having a towfloat is advised for swimmer safety and visibility.
The Series is limited to Alert Levels 2 and 1
All Swimmers & Spectators will register for COVID tracing
Maintain 2m distance at all times
Spectators - wearing a mask is advised
Stay within your bubble group at the swim site