A fast 7km swim with the outgoing-tide starting at Torpedo Bay to Takapuna beach.
November Rush with the outgoing King tide Torpedo Bay to Takapuna Beach
7km - Start Torpedo Bay to Takapuna Beach
7km - $50
7:30 - Registration at Torpedo Bay
8:00 - Briefing
8:30 - Briefing
8:45 - Wave 1 (over 1 hr for 3 km)
8:50 - Wave 2 (under 1 hr for 3 km)
7km Swim Map CLICK here
There are no markers in the first two-thirds of the race (7km)
- 7km, hug the shoreline as your round North Head.
- Keep all ocean markers - buoys and reef markers (green sticks) well to your right.
- Stay parallel to shore, no more than 200m out.
- The first marker you will come to is the orange marker left of the Cable buoy off the south end of Takapuna beach. Stay close to this marker and look for the yellow marker at the middle of Takapuna beach opposite the toilet block.
- At the yellow marker off the toilet block, turn left and head to the beach to finish.
Swim Tow floats - 7km - if you don't have a dedicated kayaker (i.e. arranged by yourself) then you must have a tow float for safety & visibility. No Tow-float, no swim and No refund.
High Tide at 8:19 a.m.
Swim Caps - Yellow
This event will be cancelled in adverse weather conditions. Entries will be transferred to the next opportunity to run this event.
Pre Season sea water is cooler and swimmers are advised to wear a wetsuit for personal protection and safety.
Having a towfloat is advised for swimmer safety and visibility.
Condition of entry
You are fit and able to complete the swim
You have no underlying health conditions that will make you a swim risk
You will have a tow float or dedicated paddler
If you are sick or have flu symptoms do not swim
We have run this race only once before
CLICK HERE for results